Friday, August 30, 2013

From The Library....

I am so grateful when someone chooses to share their radio shows through this blog.  A lot of you have sent your air checks in and it's great.  It's a perspective of the stations that just can't be done any other way.  Thank you.  Its what this is all about.  AFN, AFKN, AFVN, SCN  and the rest.  I hear similarities and differences of my experience.  I hope that you do too. 
 
Every week the AFRTS-LA guys were presented with copies of the transcriptions that we used in the field.  Like anyone who's ever been a DJ most of the time they weren't saved.
 
Joe Ferguson was the first of the AFRTS guys to send his transcriptions in for us all to hear.  Those 1983 shows were the same ones that I had run in Panama. 
 
Last month, Roger Carroll sent in a huge box of ETs of his shows.  I was glad.  Didn't have enough Happy Hours.  Once again the same programs I had run before.  I've talked with about his life and career. 
 
A few weeks ago Chris Noel asked if I'd be able to take care of and share her shows.  The logistics on that one were a story in themselves.  Chris managed to save most of her shows.  You will be hearing them.
 
 
 
 
 
I'm honored to have the chance to transfer these and make them available.  Thank you Chris, Roger, Joe and everyone else that's shared with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment